Thursday, August 4, 2011

God, I look to You

Just a little midweek encouragement for you...

I just heard this song the other day and I've been playing it every morning before the kids wake up, work starts and the madness sets in!  Its a great reminder that I don't really need to worry because I can look to the One who has all the answers.

Here are the words:

God I look to You
I won't be overwhelmed
Give me vision to see things like You do
God I look to You
You're where my help comes from
Give me wisdom, You know just what to do

I will love You Lord my strength
I will love you Lord my shield
I will love You Lord my rock
Forever all my days, I will love you God

Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Hallelujah our God reigns
Forever all my days Hallelujah

3 comments:

  1. Sarah – I am Krista’s mom and she shared your blog with me since it touched her so deeply. I encourage you to continue writing – not only because it blesses those who read it – but as a tool for your inner healing and growth. Your faithfulness and trust in the Lord comes through beautifully, and will be the source of your strength as you journey forward.

    I know all too well the pain of a husband leaving his wife, a young mom with two very small children. But I also know the healing that can, and will, come only from trusting in the Lord for all things. The Lord is, and always will be, holding you and your children in the palm of his hand.

    I was given some precious advice when I first found myself a single mother, “Don’t try – rather just abide.”

    Life will throw many struggles your way, and it will be easy to always assume any and all difficulties are because you are a single mom, or your children don’t have their father living with them. Don’t even try to figure that out – rather give everything over to the Lord – who is bigger than anything you will have to deal with, now and far into the future.

    It’s been 26 years since my husband moved out of our home. Today I am blessed with two amazing adult children, both walking with and serving the Lord. I also have three precious grandchildren – just a little icing on the sweet cake of life.

    Blessings to you always Sarah -
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOO much for your words, Nancy! I just wrote your advice down on a post-it note and put it on my fridge! I'm slowly learning that so much of this life is outside of my control and its not worth the effort to claw at making things seemingly perfect...He has provided everything we need and will continue to do so. Thanks so much for taking the time to read these entries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sarah, for this song (I just wish Amy was singing it, her voice is so much better!).
    I have to admit, sometimes I forget I'm not alone in this life path. And sometimes I forget I believe (true confession). But this was a gentle reminder.
    Keep writing! So happy you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "